MP40 Keeps falling (cleaned, proper spacer)

sneakerhead

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
46
Location
MIAMI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have two mp40qd, and one randomly just kept falling off.

I have opened them and cleaned them to assess any damage, they are relatively new(5months).
The glass thickness they are being used is 5/8", so I'm just using the provided gasket.

I bought another wetside to test, which stopped the new one from falling, but the other one started falling afterwards.
Really left me scratching my head.
 
I know that 5/8" is within the 40s capabilities, but that's best case scenario thinking. 9 out of 10 times this can be diagnosed as obstruction inside the wetside (too much drag) couple that with the thicker glass and you have a recipe for decoupling.

I would suggest a closer look at the wetside in question and try to rule out rotational drag. You may not know this but you can remove the propeller and magnet from the case to clean out the mating surfaces of the propeller bore and casing shaft.
 
I person cleaned my MP40’s every few weeks and they still managed to fall. I ended up selling them. I returned from vacation just to see only one working while the other was in the sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new