MP40 VS Tunze 6095

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick thought as to which wave makers you'd run in a 36 x 18 x 20 rimless SPS tank. I like the looks of the MP40's with no power cords inside the tank and easy adjust ability through ecosmart live, but plan on running a GHL controller on this setup. What are your thoughts or experience with either or both of these. Thanks in advance,

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are great pumps, with time the MP40 will have a slight hum. Nothing bad, and I still love the fact no wires in the tank even though Tunze is low voltage and will never cause an issue

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the tunze with my profilux. Not as small but they are super quiet. They also can be pointed unlike the mps. Next upgrade will be the tunze rocks to hide them.

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 2 6095s on my 120 gallon mixed reef for a over a year and a half and they are great pumps. Near silent, easily controlled and reliable as can be. I switched over to the Nero 5s to reduce the profile. To be honest I might go back. The ability to direct your flow where you want it is a very nice advantage. I haven't been able to get over the MP40's price tag to comment on those pumps.

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 2 6095s on my 120 gallon mixed reef for a over a year and a half and they are great pumps. Near silent, easily controlled and reliable as can be. I switched over to the Nero 5s to reduce the profile. To be honest I might go back. The ability to direct your flow where you want it is a very nice advantage. I haven't been able to get over the MP40's price tag to comment on those pumps.
That's what I was thinking. $720 for 2 mp40's vs $480 for Tunze's leave a litlle more wiggle room for a GHL Profilux 4

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking. $720 for 2 mp40's vs $480 for Tunze's leave a litlle more wiggle room for a GHL Profilux 4
You do have more controllability and the option for keeping a spare wet side for cleaning purposes with the MP40. As far as the cord. That is personal opinion. cord inside or cord outside? either way you have a cord.

Tureefik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought two mp40s Black Friday , I was running two maxspect gyres and a Nero 5 and to be honest my tank looks waaaaayyyy happier and it has a cleaner look with the mp40s

GardenReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy from Central Ma!! Reviving this thread curious what direction you went and how you like the choice? Any info appreciated. Thanks!!!

GardenReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Thanks for the reply and video!! That is definitely what i was hoping to see / hear. I am upgrading tanks and have smaller tunze’s from my red sea 130 and was curious about switching to ecotech. From what i see - Sticking with tunze and putting the extra $ to something else. Cheers and Happy Reefing to you and @Everything Aquatics here in Mass!

Back