MP40 Woes - What powerheads now?

craftbrews

Beer-a-pod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had so many issues in the last 2 months with our MP40s that I finally am going to throw in the towel on them.

2 months ago we had a bearing go out on a <6month old dry side housing. EcoTech was great and replaced it, but it took almost 4 weeks of emails back and forth. Now, we had a second powerhead that is <2 months old just go haywire last night. Dryside won't grip the wetside and the moment it turns on, it bounces itself off the back glass.

Anyone have experience with the Hydros WaveEngine? If so - what pumps are you having success with? I was thinking maybe 1 Gyre on the right side of the tank and then two Octo Pulses on each back. Skip buying the controller since can run their power/controller off the Hydros. Thoughts?

Here are the tank specs:

• Rimless ProStar 200: 60"L x 26"W x 24"D

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest you look at tunze streams. Not that gyres are bad pumps but they do go through parts even faster than ecotechs. Tunze streams have a track record of going a long time with very little maintenance. If you want external control you can use the streams 0-10v connection to program how you want.

I have seen streams last 10 years or more with not even yearly cleaning.

Back