MP40QD Wet side rust...

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank has been up and running for about 3 months now. Today I did some maintenance, part of which was giving MP40s a clean.

When I opened one of the wet sides, there's rust.... :oops: Manufacture date is March 2019, has been in the water for 3ish months. Is this common? The 2nd one appears clean other than algea. Feels pretty crappy for an almost $400 powerhead, especially when I have a $70 Jebao that's been going nonstop in my mixing can for almost 6 months now and looks brand new...

There's no way this is "expected" wear and tear, is it?

20200327_161721.jpg

jviv1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been up and running for about 3 months now. Today I did some maintenance, part of which was giving MP40s a clean.

When I opened one of the wet sides, there's rust.... :oops: Manufacture date is March 2019, has been in the water for 3ish months. Is this common? The 2nd one appears clean other than algea. Feels pretty crappy for an almost $400 powerhead, especially when I have a $70 Jebao that's been going nonstop in my mixing can for almost 6 months now and looks brand new...

There's no way this is "expected" wear and tear, is it

There's no way this is "expected" wear and tear, is it?

20200327_161721.jpg
id call EcoTech and see if they can help you out

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've reached out to EcoTech customer service, will see what they say. Was hoping this is an exception rather than the rule when it comes to the Mp40's. I've popped on a spare new wet side in the meantime, don't want to leave anything rusting in my tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 166 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back