• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Mr Coral. PreOrder Service vs Post Order Service.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit torn here on this review. I normally don't like to post this sort of stuff but ah well.

I recently did my first order with Mr.Coral. He has some great frags, at some great prices. Prior to my order shipping he quick to respond to emails, helped me consolidate a couple orders needless to say. Between his giveaways, and great prices I ended up with 30 frags! Of the 30, 3 came in DOA, or In bad shape. While I consider the majority of the order a great success and am happy with what I received. I'm a bit bummed about what has happened since. I unpacked the order as soon as I received it, saw the pieces RTN'ing from shipping and emailed him right away saying I was going to acclimate everything and shoot him another email with photos. I then snapped photo and emailed him stating that I will send him the photos after work. However I wanted to make his 2 hour mark from shipping so I took the mem card with me back work and sent him the photos right away. The next day one of the pieces I stated was "iffy" let go all the way. In the end I would say I'm a bit torn on this. I knew what i was getting into when ordering from this shop. He's a chop shop with Killer prices, a great way to get a large variety of nice frags on the cheap, and you just have to except some stuff won't make it because it's all hacked up wild corals for 10$ a pop.

However, I followed his arrive alive deal. Took the time to email him, take photos, email the photos. I haven't got a response back at all. It's been 5 days. I'm out 40-50$ in DOA's. Which isn't much in the grand scheme of things considering the great deals I got on everything else. I wouldn't say don't buy from the guy. Just buyer beware. Yes I would do the order over again even knowing what I know now. I'm just left with a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

First email
- Sent at Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM (within 15 mins of picking up the package)
Hi Ken,
Got everything today acclimating now, so far everything looks great,
although it looks like 2 pieces may not make it showing signs of RTN
in the bags, I'm not sure what is what yet however. I'll let you know
once they are acclimated and out of the bags.

Second email - sent an hour later. (included photos)
Hi Ken,
Here are the photos of the 3 with issues. I believe it's the Aussie
one, the 20$ "belnia", and one of the montis but not sure which.

The aussie one is down to just a couple nubs, the berlina looks as if
it had been stn'n slowly for some time, and the monti i'm not sure.

Thoughts? Everything else looks great. Thanks again!

Third email
- sent the next day
Hey Ken,
I had another piece go poof between the time i acclimated them, and
the time I got home from work. It was the "icy hot" I'll shoot you
over a photo after work today. everything else however is doing good.
From the previous email 006, if gone, and 007, 004 seems to be holding
at it's current level of rescission.
-Brahm

Last edited:

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken has been away in Cali since Thurs he will be back late tonight. I'm sure you are sending the email to the shipping email which is his because I have not seen a email. Please send the email to [email protected] or the Contact on the site or give us a call on Wed. Also, you could of just Pm me I'm always online and would of been happy to help out for sure.

Sorry about that and don't worry we will take care of you on any issues . I'm glad you would do a another order again but I don't want any Bad taste in your mouth and you will be taken care of. I just tried to give you a call went to Voice mail. Forward those emails over to me when you can so I can take a look and take care of your credit.

Thanks

Sonny

Last edited:
OP
OP
brahm

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, that makes sense. That you for the prompt response and I appreciate you willing to work with me. I was really happy with the 27 other frags, and all are doing well. :) So I was torn on writing this but you responding was the last piece of the puzzle in a good experience.

I checked my emails and it looks like I initially emailed [email protected] but received my responses and corresponding emails from [email protected]. Which is where I sent the last 3 emails. I will forward everything to your new email. I can take new pictures now if you like as well.

Thanks again, and btw the Freebee Enchino IS amazing frag is way bigger then I expected to!

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! I'm glad you were happy!! Don't worry about the post Ken is always around most of the time I can see why this happened no Big deal. I pick that Enchino out for you I love that piece also!!

Thanks again for the order.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back