Mr. Coral Rainbow Paly

Status
Not open for further replies.

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone bought one of the Mr. Coral Rainbow Palys?

MrCoralRainbowPaly.jpg

Its a nice looking zoa, and frags of it go for pretty high amounts on ebay, especially for a Mr. Coral product. Im just surprised I havent seen anyone post a picture of them, considering that most of the high end collectors post here.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering why also. it is indeed a beautiful paly!

OP
OP
poomba

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saved the picture because I dont like posting ebay auctions on forums. Why drive the price up?

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 1 time from him and out of 8 frags 5 were fresh cuts that melted right away. He never answered emails untill i put a claim on ebay.

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poomba, are those zoas in your avatar from G.B.?!

OP
OP
poomba

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, GB Ravers.

GBRavers.jpg

Edit:

Yeah ive heard similar stories Josh which is why I havent bought from him. He gets great polyps, but there are just so many issues Ive heard.

Last edited:

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, GB Ravers.

GBRavers.jpg

Edit:

Yeah ive heard similar stories Josh which is why I havent bought from him. He gets great polyps, but there are just so many issues Ive heard.

WOW! Be sure to take some pics of your own for us. Those are pretty amazing nice buy man

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, GB Ravers.

GBRavers.jpg

Edit:

WOW! Be sure to take some pics of your own for us. Those are pretty amazing nice buy man

OP
OP
poomba

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give them their own thread when they get here, with some good macro top down shots. And yeah, bit of a bidding war but I had to have them. Such a unique morph.

mastaslash

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with Mr. Coral. Bought an Acan pack and a SPS frag way back and they all were fresh cuts (acans) and he did not send the SPS coral. Said he would give me store credit because he sent it to someone else. I just wanted the SPS frag, but he said he had no more and when I tried to use the credit, I still had to pay shipping again, which was more than the credit. I ended up with alot of nothing. :(

Southside_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 1 polyp when he first released them for $25 now I have about 4 polyps I'll try and take some pic later

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, GB Ravers.

GBRavers.jpg

Edit:

I'll be driving to savanah to steal some of this!!!!!!

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both super nice polyps. The Ravers are one of a kind.....love the orange eye. Those rainbow palys aren't too shabby either :)

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're the one who got those GB zoas! The price went up pretty high on those, I had it on my watch list for fun. Be sure to post pics, I'm curious as to what size they are!

I would never spend the amount of $$$ going for those rainbow palys, especially since it's Mr. Coral and I'm sure there are more than enough experienced people that are shelling that kind of money for it know that it's a fresh cut along with his others. But then again, he might not be cutting flesh so it doesn't matter. But at the cost there are other very high end ones you can get such as Ultimate Chaos, Spectrums, Shazaams, Bowsers, Pandamoniums, etc which in my opinion is much nicer than the rainbow paly! Or a good handful of chunky frags of other morphs as well.

It really makes me scratch my head at why the sudden inflation on his corals. They're not new and have been on his ebay for a few months and only went for about $30 per frag on about all the morphs.

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're the one who got those GB zoas! The price went up pretty high on those, I had it on my watch list for fun. Be sure to post pics, I'm curious as to what size they are!

I would never spend the amount of $$$ going for those rainbow palys, especially since it's Mr. Coral and I'm sure there are more than enough experienced people that are shelling that kind of money for it know that it's a fresh cut along with his others. But then again, he might not be cutting flesh so it doesn't matter. But at the cost there are other very high end ones you can get such as Ultimate Chaos, Spectrums, Shazaams, Bowsers, Pandamoniums, etc which in my opinion is much nicer than the rainbow paly! Or a good handful of chunky frags of other morphs as well.

It really makes me scratch my head at why the sudden inflation on his corals. They're not new and have been on his ebay for a few months and only went for about $30 per frag on about all the morphs.

From what I read, he no longer has the retail location, only on-line now.

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this Rainbow and would like to have it. I've bot from him twice back in January. I lost about five frags out of 20 I think. I still have the acans and a couple of the SPS. I prefer not to have fresh cut but would consider buying from him again depending on what it was.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read, he no longer has the retail location, only on-line now.

I thought that he just finally got those giant tubs filled up and was presenting himself as the new Mr. Coral just a few months ago? I suppose that's what he meant, that those giant tubs are all just for online orders. Too bad only ebay gets the big updates on not his site.

Ah, this thread is getting derailed into a Mr. Coral thread. Sorry poomba!

Mstansbery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with Mr. Coral. Bought an Acan pack and a SPS frag way back and they all were fresh cuts (acans) and he did not send the SPS coral. Said he would give me store credit because he sent it to someone else. I just wanted the SPS frag, but he said he had no more and when I tried to use the credit, I still had to pay shipping again, which was more than the credit. I ended up with alot of nothing. :(

I bought 1 time from him and out of 8 frags 5 were fresh cuts that melted right away. He never answered emails untill i put a claim on ebay.

I, unfortunately, have to agree with the above two statements. I really dont know where to begin so I'll just say I gave him more than a couple chances to make good on parallel issues stated above only to be dissatisfied...and frankly left with a bad taste in my mouth. I have credit with this company but have refused to exercise it in fears of experiencing more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 102 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 109 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.4%
Back