Mr coral

re-fin-away

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order with them a few days ago, it should ship to me midweek. I will let you know how it goes.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know folks that have. They are very nice corals for $10, but they are small.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered 10 frags for like 89.00 I lost one when it hit a birds nest other than that yes very small but really nice stuff. He ships right on the money. I was very happy with my purchase. What you are ordering requires time for them to grow.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried at least twice and usually lose about 1/2 of the TINY frags, most are too small to survive IMO and probably cut the day they are shipped by the looks of things. Their heat packs are miserable, just WalMart style hand warmers that are lucky to last 12 hours. Their stuff looks nice on the site but the reality is far different.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same experience here. I thought "Hey, you can't go wrong with $10 frags."

Pretty much everything melted. Tiny fresh cut frags. I basically spent $180 for one .5" decent millie and two polyps of eagle eyes. Oh well, live and learn right?

pelagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them last year. all 18 frags I got from them survived, however, couple of them suppose to be bigger "WYSIWIG" frags(as on the website)... but they are not..

I emailed them, and they said "You think you will get that for the price you paid?"... okay... that doesn't justify for what they showed on the website.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've order from them everything lived till I had tank issue. Some are still alive from last year order. Sunny is a great guy to deal with.Also You can't go wrong with any frags that's $10 from a vendor. small or big.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small frags take a long time to grow out so you have to have patience. I was pretty sure that the one that did not make it in my group of 10 did not make it because it ended hitting a birds-nest. Really if they continue to look as nice as they do now I have no complainants what so ever from my order. I was happy. I have paid more and gotten less in the past from other places.

Bishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small frags take a long time to grow out so you have to have patience. I was pretty sure that the one that did not make it in my group of 10 did not make it because it ended hitting a birds-nest. Really if they continue to look as nice as they do now I have no complainants what so ever from my order. I was happy. I have paid more and gotten less in the past from other places.

I think this speaks exactly how I feel. I ordered mine during an ice storm. Any coral that died was my own doing. Yes the frags are small. Also the price is small. Your local LFSs would be asking $30 for these frags. The $10 section is the best place to shop for the person looking to make a low cost investment that will become an amazing coral. It's hard to ask for to much for $10 in this hobby so yes, these are chop and ship. Acclimate well and slowly these guys have gone through enough stress.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back