OP
OP
Mr Fishface

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I decided to try taking some pictures with the DSLR camera. Some actually nice pictures. Here are a few that I think turned out really well. I'm going to keep playing around with the camera and try to get some nicer ones of some corals today.

Blue tang 1 small.jpg Yellow wrasse and RBTA small.jpg monti closeup small.jpg Duncan closeup small.jpg

OP
OP
Mr Fishface

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the DSLR is taking some great photos! I am quite pleased with the results. I haven't even changed the color saturation of the pictures or anything; I just crop them a little to only get what I want in the picture.

boxfish small.JPG duncan med.JPG Green shroom med.JPG Med clam.JPG Med zoa.JPG red shroom med.jpg xenia ricordia med.JPG red digi med.JPG

OP
OP
Mr Fishface

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In anticipation of getting wild corals i decided to try this old 250w mh system that I have. It originally came with the 125g system in a 3 part system but i separated pieces and decided put one on the frag tank. It is way brighter than my kessil! The next step is to see if I can run led alongside the mh for a longer lighting period.

20191110_183432_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Mr Fishface

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that didn't last long! My mh pooped out on me yesterday. Not sure if the bulb burnt out, it looks ok to me anyways and not covered in black, or if i have a ballast issue. I've been on the fence, before it went out, about buying a new bulb or just upgrading to a new mh system and I think this is a good time to look at upgrading. It will take a couple weeks for that to happen unfortunately.

For now I have my single kessil 360we over the 40b and will remove a kessil from my DT to use over the tote. The tote is similar sized to the 40b as well. Not ideal but it's what I got to work with. I ordered the wild zoas and mushrooms on Thursday and they are expected to ship tomorrow. Very exciting!

OP
OP
Mr Fishface

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 50 gallon stock tank to use as my new qt frag tank for my wild corals. Hopefully they cone in this next monday! Vietnam seems to be having the same troubles that bali and fiji did before they got shut down. I also ordered two new led lights just for this tank that will hopefully arrive in time. I also bought revive dip that i will use as my first dip, as its clear and will let me see what pests are there. I have the bayer on hand if i do see anything nasty :)

20191120_151942.jpg

OP
OP
Mr Fishface

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been quite a while since I've updated this. Shame. I really should keep better records for myself here.

About a week ago I tore my 125g down. Moved most corals and small fish into a 20L tank while I try and sell my corals. 40B is still connected and running on the existing sump system.

Been thinking about what to do with the 125g. Thought about going freshwater with it, maybe some plants. I think I am interested in started a planted saltwater tank with seagrass and some macros. No idea right now if I will ever get fish for the tank, and if so what kinds. Initially I think some wrasses and other carnivore fish would be cool.

For now tank is still empty and been letting the sand dry out. Rocks were placed in a rubbermaid to let them dry before I start the process of scraping the verimited snails off. They really infested the rocks and made the rocks hard to touch as they are just everywhere. Hope to clean the tank glass with vinegar water today and get the calcium algae off the glass at least.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back