Mr1 reactor for cheato?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kershaw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,504
Location
sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have seen a few pictures online of people using phosban reactors for cheato. I was thinking of doing this with my mr1 reactor. Main purpose for pod production. Of course I'll take the other bennifits. But mainly I need a place to seed pods. Reason I want to use mr1, I don't have room in sump and I have thought about getting a small acrylic tank and placing next to sump and have water pump in and out but I am worried about over flow due to failure. Thanks.
 
So I have seen a few pictures online of people using phosban reactors for cheato. I was thinking of doing this with my mr1 reactor. Main purpose for pod production. Of course I'll take the other bennifits. But mainly I need a place to seed pods. Reason I want to use mr1, I don't have room in sump and I have thought about getting a small acrylic tank and placing next to sump and have water pump in and out but I am worried about over flow due to failure. Thanks.
Well you could throw a bunch of rubblerock in there and some pods if you dont want to have it lit. But i have an extra vertex reactor laying around. Thinkin about getting some clear tubing and led tape to make it an arid reactor but not sure how to cool them
 
Yea will do. My only cacearn is the cheato will grow so fast and I will have to harvest constantly.
 
Depends on your po4 levels but it will grow fast
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new