MRC (My Reef Creations)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Macro1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Macro1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
103
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MRC ORCA PRO I

Has anyone had any experience with this skimmer?

I'm working on a 210 build and I came across one locally for a good price but I really haven't found a lot of information, rather user reviews and experience on with the skimmer.

Yes I know the specs on it:

PRO 1 Protein Skimmer Specifications:* Diameter: 8"
* Height: 28"
* Footprint: 21" x 20".
* Watt Draw: 95 watts / Reeflo Dart Orca (included)
* System Capability (gallons): 100 - 400
* Air Flow: 1,550 liters per hour (55 SCFH)
* Recommended Water Flow: 300-500 gph

It can be installed as free standing unit either inside or outside the stand.
It is made of 1/4" cast acrylic and sch. 80 fittings and connections.


Any thoughts on this? I'm wondering if this is going to be too big for my system with the heavy bioload...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new