MTC 250 Skimmer, need help***

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishfinn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
123
Reaction score
20
Location
Long Island, New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I haven't been getting too good of a skim out of my skimmer lately so I thought I would clean it and tune it, so I cleaned it, and now I can't get the bubbles to start up again. The air intake part is just spilling out water instead of taking in air. So no bubbles are being produced, Amy help will be very appreciated, thanks
 
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
First off, the beckett can not be installed upside down. The lower portion of the beckett is fatter than the upper, and therefore would not fit in the beckett chamber.

Two thoughts:

1. Did you put the ball gizmo back into the beckett?



2. Did you put the lower collar back on the beckett?




Also, and I don't think it would matter (with water coming out), but my MTC has a valve at the hole portion of the beckett chamber to control air flow:

 
I just went back and looked at your pictures again and noticed water pouring out the opening in the skimmer cup. You must have closed down the drain of the skimmer and now the excess water has to go someplace. There is a lever at the base of the skimmer that opens and closes the exit port of the skimmer. This is used to adjust foam height and wet or dry skimming. Moving it to the left opens the exit port more, while moving it to the right closes it down. If the lever does not move easily, there is a thumb screw below to loosen up the lever. Try adjusting that "valve" and see what happens.

 
First off, the beckett can not be installed upside down. The lower portion of the beckett is fatter than the upper, and therefore would not fit in the beckett chamber.

Two thoughts:

1. Did you put the ball gizmo back into the beckett?



2. Did you put the lower collar back on the beckett?




Also, and I don't think it would matter (with water coming out), but my MTC has a valve at the hole portion of the beckett chamber to control air flow:

On the older MRC beckett tubes the beckett would fit either way in the housing which is why I suggested checking it. Not familiar with the MTC housing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new