How many are coming including you?

• Total voters

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya thats what I thought. I did a little checking cause I also wanted to go diving on a reef on my honeymoon. Certification takes 3-4 days depending on how fast you learn it.

I would highly recommend you find a very reputable shop that will take more time than just 3 to 4 days with you. The more time in the pool and in training, the better time you'll have diving. I was fortunate to take the class at MTSU, so I had 15 weeks (for open water... I did more training at MTSU after that) and wouldn't trade it for anything. Chris (fishdoc) also did his certs at MTSU. :) This is something that can very quickly become life and death and you need the skills to protect yourself and your dive buddy. Its well worth investing some time into. :)

Brandon

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya they dont start classes till summer so im sol lol. Ill just go snorkeling or something to that effect. I can hold my breath for about 4 min. If I stopped smoking even longer.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, man. Enjoy the snorkeling! It will make you want to dive, trust me... that's how I got my wife to do it. :D

Brandon

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually thats great less I have to worry about her freaking out in the water or even under the water with who knows what with us lol

jaybk5211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got certified in Nashville and have loved it, I did a shark dive in the Bahamas 2 years ago. No tank, just open water with sharks, it was intense.

What time and where is this meet up? I don't have my tank yet but might learn a bit by coming.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the very first post of the thread. ;)

Brandon

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out I have to work now this weekend so I will be unable to attend. the club now owns a digital refractometer so bring some tank water and have it tested. I will be sending it with josh...

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks, Jay. Will Kevan will be the only BoD member there? Isn't that kind of like leaving a 10 year old with a baby? Haha! :D

Brandon

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right. The other Brandon and Nate can handle babysitting Kevan. :D

Brandon

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks, Jay. Will Kevan will be the only BoD member there? Isn't that kind of like leaving a 10 year old with a baby? Haha! :D

Brandon

google-slap.jpg

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 66 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back