MTRC September Meeting - 7 Seas

How many will be in attendance

• Total voters

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, you guys caved into the pressure. All clubs I've ever heard of have private meetings for members only otherwise it's not really a club and instead a public group at a public meeting. Now this makes me feel something. Whatever I'm feeling is my sensitivity but be clear it's not me hurting because I don't want to say my feelings are hurt but rather instead that I just felt something. So Brandon is there anything you can do about my feelings now that I've said that I have feelings about the subject but clarified that it wasn't feelings of being hurt? Please help me with my feelings because I clearly don't understand them...LOL

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have my membership card yet, but I would like to attend the meeting today.

We'll have some announcements towards the beginning of the meeting if we haven't found each other by then I'll have a card for you. Glad to have you.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not really in the business of feelings, I retired from that department, please contact another BoD member of your choice for help. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

I guess at today's meeting we will have one giant group hug, be ready!

Ahh, you guys caved into the pressure. All clubs I've ever heard of have private meetings for members only otherwise it's not really a club and instead a public group at a public meeting. Now this makes me feel something. Whatever I'm feeling is my sensitivity but be clear it's not me hurting because I don't want to say my feelings are hurt but rather instead that I just felt something. So Brandon is there anything you can do about my feelings now that I've said that I have feelings about the subject but clarified that it wasn't feelings of being hurt? Please help me with my feelings because I clearly don't understand them...LOL

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to call me out why don't you just say it? He asked why I didn't rejoin. I answered the question. My feelings weren't hurt but I didn't feel welcome. Is that any clearer for you to understand? A LOT of people agree with me but I'm the only one who will speak up....

That's ok. All 10 of you can have your meeting today and make fun and talk about me. Won't be the first and won't be the last.

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to call me out why don't you just say it? He asked why I didn't rejoin. I answered the question. My feelings weren't hurt but I didn't feel welcome. Is that any clearer for you to understand? A LOT of people agree with me but I'm the only one who will speak up....

That's ok. All 10 of you can have your meeting today and make fun and talk about me. Won't be the first and won't be the last.
Wasn't calling you out but instead I was obviously indirectly poking fun at how in your earier post you said you never "felt" very welcome and then in a later post said your feelings were not hurt. The talk of feelings and then the clarification as to what those feelings were or were not was funny to me.

On a side note I had similar feelings at meetings when I first joined. Never felt unwelcomed but not overly welcomed because the group failed to stand up and flock to me as people normally do when I enter a room. Instead of dismissing the group I decided to give them more chances at getting to know how awesome I am. Gradually over time more and more of the group has been able to experience a little of my great presence and those slight feelings I may have had in the beginning have began to disappear. I learned a little of how to make this happen by watching my daughter in her first weeks of Pre-K and it is working for me as an adult as well. I won't judge a group solely based on my perceived notions of just a few individuals. If there's a problem that I am upset(or have strong "feelings") about then I'll try to be a part of the resolution instead of pointing fingers and raising a voice from the sidelines. One way to do this in this circumstance would be to come to the meetings and welcome others when they arrive and try to talk to as many people as possible. Then hopefully it would be hard for anyone to perceive the club or at least me as an individual as unwelcoming.

For the BOD: I think you guys are doing a great job at trying to make this a solid club. You all have lives and the part that you give up in order to make the club better is appreciated by me.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great meeting today guys! Congrats to all the raffle winners and welcome to the club to our new members!

Thanks again to James and the 7 Seas Crew for hosting!

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have my membership card yet, but I would like to attend the meeting today.
Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to speak to you. I was not feeling the best. Hopefully one of the other guys got you your key tag. If not, PM me and I'll get it taken care of.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Meeting Minutes***

Total paid members: 22 that signed in
Total people including family members and friends: 30+, I didn't count but there were a lot of them present.
One new member signed up! Welcome Tiffany to MTRC and thanks for joining.

B. Knapp kicked us off with announcements and questions for the club
R. Schooley presented RO/DI systems and thanked Air, Water, and Ice and 7 Seas for sponsoring and to 7 Seas for hosting.
  • What is RO/DI
  • What is TDS
  • How to achieve clean water
  • Why do we need a RO/DI system
  • Explain all stages of the RO/DI system
  • Pre-filters, stages 1 and 2
  • Membrane (third stage)
  • DI (fourth and fifth) stage(s)
  • Accessories for RO/DI systems
  • How to make your filters last a long time
  • TN tap water conditions compared to other states
Raffles - Congrats to all of our winners of the 7 Seas Gift Cards and to all who got the AWI filter kits and awesome RO/DI 5 stage unit.
Shopping time at 7 Seas

-End

Thank you all who came out and joined us. We look forward to seeing all of you next month.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back