mucus on zoa

andresexr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine fragged a jungle juice zoa on thursday and gave it to me on saturday, only one of the polyps has opened, and the rest are closed and have this mucus like stuff over them. Also another one fell off and i found it in the sand, what does this mean, what do i do? By the way these are my first zoas ever. He also gave me some joker zoas that he fragged the same day and gave me the same day and they are doing quite well. Should I just wait? pls give answers. Thanks

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine fragged a jungle juice zoa on thursday and gave it to me on saturday, only one of the polyps has opened, and the rest are closed and have this mucus like stuff over them. Also another one fell off and i found it in the sand, what does this mean, what do i do? By the way these are my first zoas ever. He also gave me some joker zoas that he fragged the same day and gave me the same day and they are doing quite well. Should I just wait? pls give answers. Thanks
Freshly fragged zoas may not open for a few days. You can gently blow them off with a turkey baster to remove any mucus, detritus, etc.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back