OP
OP
get-salty

get-salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's about how much water will drain back into the sump from the extra plumbing when the pumps are turned off, or when power goes out. You'll have to make sure your sump wont overflow from the extra water volume coming back down.

Since varios pumps don't produce a lot of pressure, I would go with the separate pump for the UV.
If you don't want any water to drain back into the sump from the uv/returns when you lose or kill power, you can get a one way check valve which will stop it.

These are the best ones...the price is pure ****, but they are pretty much a lifetime part.

ah ok, right.. i will test and see and adjust the water lvl accordingly. thanks !

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah ok, right.. i will test and see and adjust the water lvl accordingly. thanks !
No trouble. If you DO go with a check valve, make sure you can clean it or test it periodically. You want to exercise the valve so that it moves freely and seals. But the nice thing about the one I showed you is you just unscrew the cap, pull the valve out and clean it.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jebao is rated 900 gph. I’ve dry test it at lowest setting and did the calculation - 240 gph… I’m guessing once it’s all connected with one L shape fitting , it’ll drop down a little bit. Think 200-240 gph help with controller itch ? Or should I get a smaller pump. Thanks
Is there a spec sheet for your UV sterilizer? Usually, it will advise a particular flow for protozoan control and another one for water clarity. Something like below? The 30 M/cm2 GMP and the 180 MJ/cm2. You don't quite have the range to do both on most pumps, so error toward you priority with your pump size.

1695766648298.png

OP
OP
get-salty

get-salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is there a spec sheet for your UV sterilizer? Usually, it will advise a particular flow for protozoan control and another one for water clarity. Something like below? The 30 M/cm2 GMP and the 180 MJ/cm2. You don't quite have the range to do both on most pumps, so error toward you priority with your pump size.

1695766648298.png
It’s an Aqua 25w. Yes I think for controlling parasites is <200gph but the Jebao 3500 doesn’t go that low. Might get a smaller pump. Appreciate your input !

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back