Murderous Cleaner Shrimp

RobertTheNurse

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2020
Messages
855
Reaction score
679
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this cleaner shrimp for a few months. None of my fish can be bothered to let it do its official job. Lately I have found that it has been going on a murderous rampage on my snails.

I feed mysis to my fish (2 clowns, RG, YWG, Benggai Cardinal) as they are bougie and don't like flakes and pellets.

Can I reduce the murder currently happening in my tank?

Rob
 
I've noticed mine doesn't do well at catching floating food. The fish usually gobble it all up before he gets any. Add some sinking pellets or wafers just for him.
 
I've noticed mine doesn't do well at catching floating food. The fish usually gobble it all up before he gets any. Add some sinking pellets or wafers just for him.
What kind of wafers we talking?
 
Hand feeding flake food to a cleaner shrimp is possibly the best part of reefing. They will take any flake food no problem, just pinch a bit of between your fingers and they'll take it from you.
 
What kind of wafers we talking?
My cleaner will eat almost anything he can get, but I feed him both of these specifically.

IMG_20210421_133356872.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new