Muscular or Slim? - A humanoid Mantis Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sqwiid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sqwiid

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been drawing what I would perceive as a humanoid version of a Mantis Shrimp! It's more of a artistic rendition than scientifically accurate, however, I did get into a small "tiff" with a friend on whether a humanoid Mantis Shrimp would be muscular or slim. I drew mine to be rather muscular, most obviously within the arms, as I said they would be larger for the those infamous punching skills, they said they'd be slimmer so they can move faster, claiming the punch relied more on speed than actual strength/power.

Any secondary opinions or theories on this? For added context, the humanoid is significantly larger than the average Mantis, being around 3-4ft tall (I haven't settled on the height yet.) AND I've covered the humanoid in plated armor with some exposed skin bits.

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new