Mushroom Cap

NewGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heey,

I have a toadstool leather mushroom which used to always keep its cap up right, but since a couple of weeks it tilts the cap to the side, does anyone know why?

I have EasyLED's above the tank at 50% strength

All other corals in the tank are doing very well:
20180616_130038.jpg

OP
OP
NewGoby

NewGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reeferdood I'm happy to hear that, i added a extra wave maker a couple of days before it started to tilt, do you have any advice to encourage it to have it's cap back up right?

And do you have any idea why it could be losing a little bit of it's green colour?

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, IMHO leather corals like a little dirtier water than some people like to keep. Leathers are funny because they will look beautiful one day and horrible the next. If it looks like it is leaning because of the current then try to place it elsewhere where the current might not be so radical.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers can handle quite a bit of flow. If the flow is hitting the coral in one direction it can cause that. I've had great results with flow coming in different directions with toadstools.

OP
OP
NewGoby

NewGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DSC reef I have 2 wave makers pointed at each other to create randomised flow, around the back of a couple of rocks, I've moved the leathercap and it's already looking more up right, thanks!

DaLilFishie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a larger green polyp mushroom leather that did this too. i think its sagging under its own weight LOL

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back