Mushroom coral help

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a small frag of toadstool mushroom Thursday. I also started running carbon. Today my LPS look bad and shriveled. Is this an effect of toxins from the mushroom or could it be the carbon leaching nutrients causing them to act bad?
Just removed the carbon.

salinity-1.025
pH-8.2
Nitrate-5ppm
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
 
i got a small frag of toadstool mushroom Thursday. I also started running carbon. Today my LPS look bad and shriveled. Is this an effect of toxins from the mushroom or could it be the carbon leaching nutrients causing them to act bad?
Just removed the carbon.

salinity-1.025
pH-8.2
Nitrate-5ppm
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
Carbon gets rid of toxins but make sure you replace it every two weeks. Also make sure you are not running too much carbon for your system.

As for the corals acting up I don’t think it’s the carbon. You need to test for crucial elements like calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium. Also make sure you are not using any sort of tap water to mix your salt or top off your tank. I’d invest some money in and rodi system and a ato.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new