Mushroom Coral

CHI-Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All

Does anyone have any recommendation on how to remove a mushroom from a frag plug? I was think trying to use a razor but I'm worried I might do more damage then good. Reason why I would like to remove it is because when the mushroom is fully open one side curls a bit.

Thanks
Mark K

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly you could use a razor. You can also try a credit card and try getting under its foot.

If you do end up cutting it I wouldn't worry. I bought 1 mushroom and now there's like 9 in my tank. They're starting to kill my SPS by stinging em. Made me mad so I tried cutting the foot off the rock. I guess I ticked the mushroom off because it split into 3... [emoji35][emoji35]

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever heard about the guy who as an experiment put some mushroom corals in a blender for 1 second and then threw them in a tank and they came back everywhere? You won't hurt the shroom, actually the way we frag them is by taking a razor and slicing them in half.

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tdileo
After removing them, is it recommended to glue them to new home or just encourage them to their next rock? I would like to consolidate a few to a single island.
TIA

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back