Mushroom dying?

KarlSharx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2023
Messages
47
Reaction score
30
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, new to the hobby here. tank is about 2 months old (after cycling), I've had this mushroom for about a month. It's usually big and puffy but today it's small and angry and has this odd dark spot on it. It looks as if the flesh is receding there or something. Did a 25% water change today so I doubt it's my water parameters. Should I be cutting off that part or just wait and see? The spot doesn't move at all so I don't think it's a flatworm. I recently lost my two hammers to BJD so I'm not trying to take any chances here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

20230520_173643.jpg 20230520_173656.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new