Mushroom Frag Issues!

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
289
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried to frag a mushroom for the first time and it looks like I killed half of it. I don't have any pics right now, but the piece was on an existing frag plug and was hanging over part of the plug. I tried cutting the frag right down the center and breaking the plug, but it looks like half made it and half slimmed over and died. Can anyone advise any tips moving forward? Did I not cut it right? When it attaches to a plug do I need to cut it then break the plug? Any help would be appreciated.
 
If you just fragged it of course it’s not going to look good. Allow it time to heal
 
If you just fragged it of course it’s not going to look good. Allow it time to heal

Well one side is perfectly fine the other has slimmed up and almost completely dissolved
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new