Mushroom looking weird

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Im new to aquariums and I’m a little worried about my mushroom coral. I’ve had it for about 3 months and up until yesterday it looked super healthy and it was actually getting huge. This evening it looked like something happened to it almost like it got burnt. Then I tried feeding it and it acted normally closing up. No I looked at it again and is super tiny and secreting some sort of white goo. It looks super stressed and not happy. I only have 2 clown fish a peppermint shrimp snails and hermit crabs. Should I be worried? I’m attachI guess pictures from earlier and the white stuff that I see now. Plz help me!

IMG_0501.jpeg IMG_0496.jpeg IMG_0492.jpeg

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? How long has the game and been up? What is your lighting?

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? How long has the game and been up? What is your lighting?
The tank is about 4 months old. The only things that I’ve been testing is nítrate ammonia and ph. Nitrate is 10pm, ammonia 0, and ph is 8. Just changed my light to an AI prime 16hd because the light that came with the tank was not good.

Rocktron1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. It could just be reacting to the change in new light. Should settle down

My mushrooms have had white excrement before directly after I've dosed carbonate if I don't mix it with water well enough. But it only lasted about 6hrs or so then 24hrs later back to normal

The prime hd 16 is a great light, I have the same thing and if you look at my build thread the mushies love it!!!!

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. It could just be reacting to the change in new light. Should settle down

My mushrooms have had white excrement before directly after I've dosed carbonate if I don't mix it with water well enough. But it only lasted about 6hrs or so then 24hrs later back to normal

The prime hd 16 is a great light, I have the same thing and if you look at my build thread the mushies love it!!!!
Thanks!!! it’s looking a little better and I love the light! It looks so much better than before I’m really happy other than this little issue.

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light settings are you using?
And do you have a full tank photo I can see
Using the same light settings as BRS tv for the 18 g tank. Today my tank is looking really good. A little dirty so I’ll do a clean and water change

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 52

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back