What is happening to my mushroom

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m a little worried about my mushroom coral. I’ve had it for about 3 months and up until yesterday it looked super healthy and it was actually getting huge. This evening it looked like something happened to it almost like it got burnt. Then I tried feeding it and it acted normally closing up. No I looked at it again and is super tiny and secreting some sort of white goo. It looks super stressed and not happy. I only have 2 clown fish a peppermint shrimp snails and hermit crabs. Should I be worried? I’m attachI guess pictures from earlier and the white stuff that I see now. Plz help me!

IMG_0496.jpeg IMG_0497.jpeg IMG_0501.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More details about your tank will help. How old is it? Are there other corals, how are they doing? Need water parameters and lighting and flow info.

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More details about your tank will help. How old is it? Are there other corals, how are they doing? Need water parameters and lighting and flow info.
The tank is about 4 months old and it is a 15 gallon cube. The only things that I’ve been testing is nítrate ammonia and ph. Nitrate is 10pm, ammonia 0, and ph is 8. Just changed my light to an AI prime 16hd because the light that came with the tank was not good. I have a candy cane 2 zoas and a favia. They all look good. For flow I only use the return pump that is a 250gph sicce with a random flow adapter from IM

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they doing now? Mine do the same thing when they eat as well as when they close up for the night. I wouldn’t say it’s anything to worry about!

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are doing amazing thanks for asking! It was the first time they did that so I panicked lol that mushroom was my first coral so I really don’t want to lose him. I’m attaching a pic of how my tank is looking now

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 20

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ayy looks awesome, I’m glad to hear they’re doing well! I noticed the hermit crab after responding. Sometimes my mushrooms will react similarly during the day when the hermit crab gives them a nudge
Happy reefing!

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ayy looks awesome, I’m glad to hear they’re doing well! I noticed the hermit crab after responding. Sometimes my mushrooms will react similarly during the day when the hermit crab gives them a nudge
Happy reefing!
Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what was causing it. Happy reefing to you too!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back