Mushroom messed up splitting

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've had this fluffy mushroom for about a month and a half, and it was always pinching around the mouth like it was about to split but it never did.
A couple days ago I saw it starting to split apart, and it was going fine, but when I checked in the morning it had sand on it from my goby, and it wasn't looking great. I removed the sand as soon as I noticed, but it looks really weird. Is this just how they look when splitting or is something wrong and should I pull it out of the tank?
Sorry for bad quality photos, nothing photographs well with my phone haha.
Thanks

IMG20230712185522.jpg IMG20230712185514.jpg IMG20230712185500.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its impossible to see in the picture, maybe you can turn off the blue lights and increase the whites, then take a pic.

Would also suggest to show your water parameters, and advise what kind of light and flow you have. Thanks

OP
OP
LeonardTheWrasse

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its impossible to see in the picture, maybe you can turn off the blue lights and increase the whites, then take a pic.

Would also suggest to show your water parameters, and advise what kind of light and flow you have. Thanks
Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
Phosphate - 0.06
pH - 8.1
Alk - 11dKh
I have a Kessil A80 Tuna Blue, and 2 wavemakers with a fair amount of flow, but not overly directed at the coral, as it as sitting on a rock lower down on the tank. I moved it about an hour ago higher onto the rock work to keep it away from my goby for now, but the flow is the same.
I'll get some better pictures tomorrow, I haven't been able to get one where I can see anything yet.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back