Mushrooms closed up for 2 months

josemedina567

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Puerto Rico
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Normally I have my tank in top notch conditions, but I travel a lot so I leave the tank with my dad. I have some mushrooms that have been closed up for over two months. I think it could be because of low salinity, high par, and when my dad topped it off with fresh water, he poured brown water (dirty pipes) killing all the corals I had and the mushrooms are the only survivors. The fish are fine, but I have no clue what was the actual culprit. I performed a water change 2 days ago and my current parameters are:
Salinity: 34 ppt
Temperature: 78-80 F
Alkalinity: 9.8
Calcium: 481
Phosphate: 0.07

Any questions or suggestions are helpful. I hope you see the mushroom picture: file:///Users/josemamedina/Pictures/Photos%20Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/2/2A8C36F1-C20E-4A7E-A73F-1C488D843EEB_1_105_c.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new