Mushrooms disappeared.

starfishguy869

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a green discosoma mushroom that I fragged. I put it in a petri dish with rock rubble. The next day, they were all fine but I decided to add a piece of mesh. However, when I pulled the dish out, it stirred up some sand and 2 shrooms fell out. They disappeared ever since. I have two questions, one, will they die submerged in sand and two, will they grow in low light as I am pretty sure that they are not getting any light

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, they probably have less than a 50% chance if they are really buried in the sand. But it is possible. And mushrooms typically do OK in low light.

Good luck.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are capable of moving. I had a blue discosoma detach and disappeared. It was the size of a dime. Six months later I discovered it near the sand bed on the rock under a ledge, very low light. Today it is the size of a silver dollar and seems very happy.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost so many shrooms its crazy! I alway loose them when vacuuming sand bed! About a month ago I lost a huge OG! UGGHH. It cam dislodged from disc and havt seen it since! I now do head counts every time I vacuum and change water!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back