mushrooms overtaking

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a simple way to get rid of mushrooms they are overtaking some areas of my reef. If so explain how you do it. Thanks

I

inactive

View Badges
Um, its difficult.

I had to cut them off, grow the little babies.. and then kill my flow and burn them out with aiptasia control.

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to frag and sell the BEST way I found is to inject using a needle syringe with Lugols. Tried Joes Juice, Aiptasia Control, and Kalkwasser. Only thing that really worked was the Kent Lugols Iodine.
Good Luck !

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its hard..i've been trying to get rid of 5 mushrroms on a rock and they wont go away! :( i use kalkwasser

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a thick kalk paste that I can still push through a syringe without the needle and it melted my green hairy mushrooms. Granted then I will have like three tiny pieces that try to grow, but then I just hit them with it too and bam they are gone.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above statements that they're difficult to control but you're best bet for getting rid of them is injecting them with something (into the mouth) like kalk paste, etc . . .

thomasp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of these? Perhaps the best way is to give them away and get some clean rock in return

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back