Red Mushrooms

flozfzx1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do Mushroom have natural prey ? If so what eats them, they are overtaking my fish tanks, Now they are growing on my clam and killed one of my sps cause it grew over it.

Last edited:

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not that I’ve found..I’ve had some fast growers I try and segregate to a certain rock then move that rock away from everything else. I’ve experienced the same tragedies you’re talking about.

I’ve heard about people directing power heads at mushrooms and eventually they’ll let go of the rock and float off. Similar to anemones, although I’ve never personally done that.

OP
OP
F

flozfzx1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not that I’ve found..I’ve had some fast growers I try and segregate to a certain rock then move that rock away from everything else. I’ve experienced the same tragedies you’re talking about.

I’ve heard about people directing power heads at mushrooms and eventually they’ll let go of the rock and float off. Similar to anemones, although I’ve never personally done that.
I've sold a huge rock of them I think that's the only solution :(

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think there are any predators of mushroom corals that are suitable for the average reef tank. Removing them is about the only thing you can do, either by exchanging your rocks or by trying the powerhead thing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back