Must have

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Must have high light/moderate flow encrusting coral?!
Not necessary as many coral have different light and flow requirements.
For encrusting , moderate light and medium flow should be sufficient

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they’re looking for encrusting coral recommendations that like high light and moderate flow.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavona maldivensis can take quite a bit of PAR (this colony is receiving ~180 PAR LED, but I've had up to 220 PAR with no issues):

Pavona Madivensis_081822.jpg

Any of the common encrusting Montipora ('Sunset, 'Rainbow', Undata, etc., etc.) can take 250 PAR (or more) when properly acclimated.

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An encrusting Monti will do the trick. I blast mine with lots of par and it gets moderate flow. Mine is a red mystic sunset monti from tsa. My light is a hydra 26 with upgraded luxidium diodes. The light is pushing the max wattage and the coral doesn't seem to mind at all. I haven't tested the par, but its easily reaching 200 par. One word of caution with the monti is that it will encroach on the bases of corals as it grows. anything nearby needs to be able to defend itself and stop the encroachment.

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An encrusting Monti will do the trick. I blast mine with lots of par and it gets moderate flow. Mine is a red mystic sunset monti from tsa. My light is a hydra 26 with upgraded luxidium diodes. The light is pushing the max wattage and the coral doesn't seem to mind at all. I haven't tested the par, but its easily reaching 200 par. One word of caution with the monti is that it will encroach on the bases of corals as it grows. anything nearby needs to be able to defend itself and stop the encroachment.
1661915875723.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back