Must-See – An Amazing Dosing Container

rickytor81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a new custom-made dosing container. I cannot wait to share it with you guys.

I have been reefing for 5 years, growing SPS primarily using dosing system for major traces. I have done a pretty good job in organizing cables and controllers, then I realized a good-looking dosing container is needed. Due to the size of space I have, the existing products available in the market are not meeting my expectations. I started to talk to a local company in China for a custom container. The idea is, of course, the container is built in specific dimensions, with extended features designed in.
Here is what the final product looks like! The container is made of glass with PVC surround. I chose white/red color to fit the theme of my system. I can feel the process/quality control of the manufacturer when I received the final product. As discussed with the designer, the tube is installed in the front, having a red circuit on top so that cover can be removed easily. I wanted also to put a small pump into each container, pumps will be active through a wifi plug before dosing, allowing solutions are properly blended. Thanks to the designer, she designed clamps for me to hold pump cables. It is quite amazing that it took me only 2 weeks to receive the final product including design phase discussion (PS, I am living in China.). For transportation, the container is shipped with fully or even over packed.

Improvement Opportunities:
  • Glass is the only option they offer, it will be good to have PVC-based for selection.
  • They have only white/red, black/red available, more color selections would be great.
  • I tried to ask them to replace tubes to a hard PVC tube, like Skimz DLC, but…
  • It would be good to have labels available, indicating calcium, alkalinity, magnesium.
  • They have no label to indicate the amount of solution remains in the container.

1.png

2.png

U

User1

View Badges
Looks nice. I'm partial to my DIY custom Voss water bottle dosing containers.

Hit the store, buy a couple bottles, store in the fridge. Weekend comes around, pour some cold refreshing water, dry out the bottle, and begin. Remove label, remove cap, drill hole in center for JG valve, cut acrylic tube, debur cap, add JG valve, acrylic tube, lid, and Bob's your Uncle. Done. Bring out print label maker, type in dosing contents, and your off. Or use whatever search engine and watch the fancy videos.

Kidding aside, nice setup you have there.

OP
OP
R

rickytor81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. I'm partial to my DIY custom Voss water bottle dosing containers.

Hit the store, buy a couple bottles, store in the fridge. Weekend comes around, pour some cold refreshing water, dry out the bottle, and begin. Remove label, remove cap, drill hole in center for JG valve, cut acrylic tube, debur cap, add JG valve, acrylic tube, lid, and Bob's your Uncle. Done. Bring out print label maker, type in dosing contents, and your off. Or use whatever search engine and watch the fancy videos.

Kidding aside, nice setup you have there.
:) I have it established in the living room, want to make it more fancy in front of my friends... More importantly, my wife is not complaining anymore.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%

Back