My 1.5 year old clowns have parasites. Fear of loss of another fish.

PhishFriends

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these two clowns in this tank for roughly a year and a half, and something has just changed.
I added a frag about 3 months ago otherwise it's been a year or so since I've added any fish of shrimp in
Last weekend the only other fish, a starry blenny died. No external signs of illness, eating and being his mischievous self. Next morning I found him dead.
I've since noticed these stringy poops from my black photon clown. They seem to be the thickness of a thick hair and are clear/white. My other clown seems healthy.
Externally not signs of ick, no heavy breathing, still eating excitedly. Stringy poop after every meal.
What is my best course of action? I don't have a qt setup currently, but could do so quickly.
I've never treated for parasites before.

PXL_20230902_204456581.MP.jpg PXL_20230902_204440293.MP.jpg

OP
OP
P

PhishFriends

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add to this, 80 - 90% of the time I feed frozen brine shrimp. Pellets are mostly when I'm away for a day and setup the auto feeder.
I'm not seeing any obvious behavior issue, but want to catch it before anything gets bad.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine and mysis shrimp can cause white, stringy poop like that, so I wouldn’t immediately jump to parasites. Have you noticed any change in behavior from the clowns?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back