My 100 gallon reef tank build

jeep and goose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
270
Reaction score
181
Location
lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for being a little late with posting it, here is the thread for my 100 gallon reef. I bought it established from someone else with a lot of soft coral. It’s been in my care for about a week or so, here is some highlights. I am running 3 viparspectras and idk what half the equipment is but a lot of it is hygger brand. I have a NYOS 120 skimmer in my Refugium but I think I will replace it with a brand new one because I don’t really think it’s working right
20260521_094412_A8257C15-DC6F-4C40-AEB2-33F797487548.png


20260521_094414_E41E0714-C3FA-4A2F-AF5D-E53CF6F4B73C.png


20260521_094416_17C874F0-C5D7-46D8-BE5F-6AAFAC815191.png


20260521_094418_FEE6580B-8B0A-49E5-BF90-DFAD7AFDD7B3.png

20260521_094410_FA3F11D8-88DE-4AFE-83F9-CA004061102E.png


20260521_094410_EECDF7C2-7486-4EB5-81A5-3448933A8606.png
 
Before the tang police bashes in my door, the blue tang came with the tank and I’m going to rehome him when he becomes a problem. Same with that humbug fish, he’s going to be my sump pet when I can get my hands on him lol I regret not sticking him there to begin with
 
Following along!
 
nice!! thats exciting! you might want to fix the lights though so they are evenly spaced out. you dont want to melt something 😁 i used to have those same kinds of lights
looks like you got some beautiful fish!!
 
nice!! thats exciting! you might want to fix the lights though so they are evenly spaced out. you dont want to melt something 😁 i used to have those same kinds of lights
looks like you got some beautiful fish!!
Like melt coral? I had to dim them a bit cause I think my acro got angry
 
20260525_212336_4B6FF7F9-7473-4DCE-A7FC-1937ECDEF094.png


20260525_212336_96D98332-E200-434D-9B5A-BE3A8424BFFC.png


20260525_212336_8F4C06EA-D433-4C32-AACF-EFF40CBE3759.png


20260525_212336_B43A1123-4922-488D-8F56-683ED0F8C1E8.png


20260525_212336_6FEB905B-CA25-4A44-90B4-334241803947.png

Some random pics, I am considering getting that pair of gobies in the photo. I got a pair of ruby dragonets recently. I think I’d have to order a Randall shrimp for the gobies cause I’ve heard tigers fight each other. I also added some zoanthid rocks and other corals to the tank but haven’t photographed it.
 
The pump on that nyos is replaceable if you think it is not performing properly.
 
You have a beautiful setup - and cat! What skimmer are you running? Are you happy with its performance? I’m building a new setup up - just ordered tank and stand today. I’m still making my equipment selections but haven’t landed on a skimmer yet.
 
You have a beautiful setup - and cat! What skimmer are you running? Are you happy with its performance? I’m building a new setup up - just ordered tank and stand today. I’m still making my equipment selections but haven’t landed on a skimmer yet.
None rn cause my skimmer is messed up. I might just go skimmerless and use heavy Refugium and water changes
 
I’m going to buy a brand new one. Anyone got recs for cheap ones do Jebao or hygger make skimmers? I’ve been treated nicely by their gear
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new