OP
OP
Mykulak

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A banded shark, mandrin and a sailfin? Great fish but are u aware of what these fish require? Any shark in a 100 gl would be pushing it in my eyes... sailfins get pretty big as well for a 100 and the mandrin requires an established pod population and the school of damsels won't allow much else in if they get established..

Thanks for the tips!
I don't have the shark anymore. It was temporary.
I've been dosing pods for my mandarin. It's been eating a lot so I am not worried about it.
The damsels, I didn't know their reputation =\ ... I am trying to return them but I haven't had the time yet. I will soon.

OP
OP
Mykulak

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, real nice tank! I like your rock formation. It will fill out nicely as you add more coral. I use 2 sand sifting sea stars on my tank. Does a nice job. Not the prettiest of starfish, but they get the job done.
I will get some of those starfish next time I go to the store. They are in my list. Thx!

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins are beautiful fish if u can keep em alive. Damsels are typically sold to newer aquarist because of the fact there cheap can be put in a very wide range of tank sizes and one of the hardiest fish in the hobby unfortunately there one of the meaner ones. I'd recomend a goby, a clown or 2 and a blenny there are several to choose from but they are generally easier calmer fish. Always do ur research before buying anything.

OP
OP
Mykulak

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got two Ecotech Marine Radion XR30W. My Christmas present to myself! :p
Here's the update look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right, it's the hang on type.
Oh, ok! I was scared for a second here but that's something I didn't know and now that you told me I can see the possibility of that happening somehow.
You can wire a float switch to the return pump so when the water comes in to the fuge in case of a power outage the pump won't turn back on and overflow the dt.

OP
OP
Mykulak

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can wire a float switch to the return pump so when the water comes in to the fuge in case of a power outage the pump won't turn back on and overflow the dt.

That's an awesome idea.
When I turn off my return pump the tubing in the HOB never goes empty. The water remains inside no matter what. I'll buy one of those switches just in case. Better safe than sorry. Do you recommend any brand? An website?
Thanks

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome idea.
When I turn off my return pump the tubing in the HOB never goes empty. The water remains inside no matter what. I'll buy one of those switches just in case. Better safe than sorry. Do you recommend any brand? An website?
Thanks
Brs sells them and you can get the complete kit from them with hanger and all

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye I that Xenia. I would make a seperate island just for that Xenia. It can be a pest.

Nice tank and welcome.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful mandarin and bubble coral. I had one for a few years until I relied on an old test kit and my tank got out of whack.

OP
OP
Mykulak

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452743412.060462.jpg

New update ;)
Had to redo my scape. I was trying to get rid off three damsels but one just would go in the trap. In the end I won, I think :p

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452743412.060462.jpg

New update ;)
Had to redo my scape. I was trying to get rid off three damsels but one just would go in the trap. In the end I won, I think :p

I seriously love this aquascape.

OP
OP
Mykulak

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455747293.622605.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455747305.809068.jpg

Just got my first acro! It's a a green polyp pink stylophora.
I also got a green bubble tip anemone which has orange dots at the end of its tentacles/arms (whatever you may call it).
I went through some algae problems but everything is fine now. Had to get a diamond goby and a sifting sand starfish and man, that diamond goby is a heck of a cleaner. My sand was cleaned in two days by that little guy.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back