My 10G Waterbox build

This is my "elegant" living room set up. Whatever I do I want it to look clean. Also I want everything to remain in tank. My 40b has great features but its drilled and plumbed. So if anything leaks it leaks into my sump. I'm not trying to shoot down your suggestions because they're good suggestions, I'm just giving you my thought processes
Yeah! I completely get that! My 45 is in my living room and next to my entertainment center so the hob doesn’t bother me. Putting a light over the back chamber is probably your best option.
 
My cheato maxxx light fits perfect! I'm def adding cheato. I totally forgot I had it. I'm going to cover some of the lights so it doesnt grow algae in the bubble trap. I got the intank media basket 2nd chamber so no light bleed!

20191212_181103.jpg
 
My cheato maxxx light fits perfect! I'm def adding cheato. I totally forgot I had it. I'm going to cover some of the lights so it doesnt grow algae in the bubble trap. I got the intank media basket 2nd chamber so no light bleed!

20191212_181103.jpg
There you go!
 
Well I said I'd keep everyone updated. I just lost my other storm. I added some bio spira to help and it just might have been too late. It was eating last night but when I hot home from work it had passed away. Learned a lesson on this one.
 
Well I said I'd keep everyone updated. I just lost my other storm. I added some bio spira to help and it just might have been too late. It was eating last night but when I hot home from work it had passed away. Learned a lesson on this one.
Yup. Nitrates kill fish fast. You’ve gotta get those down and keep them down for awhile. I would try a chromis when you get it to an acceptable level and once it’s plateaued for a month or two add the clownfish you want
 
Hey everyone. Just an update. The tank finally evened out. Right now I'm hosting a small maroon clown. It was cheap and hardy just to get me through. I know a 10g is too small for them. I will eventually get some more black storms. Also the refugium is working great. I got in the filter floss from Intank and absolutely love it. I still have a few months before adding corals or my nem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new