My 115 Gal Cube build

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok update but not much of an update .. Our chair came in and now setup .. Looks like I have a good amount of space for the tank to go in .. All I have to do is tear out and move the planted aquarium .. Also had been running water in tank . Now been running water in sump to leak text w/ skimmer on .. Getting close ..
Oh yeah I was looking @ a controller.. The next day the A3 was Black Friday on sale so I ordered this and an MXM anyone using this with mobius ??

IMG_5962.jpeg IMG_5964.jpeg
I like the spot for it- where are you moving the planted tank? I think it would look cool in the same room for contrast.

WillpoleReefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the home built cube stand! Our home built efforts have similarities, see my build. Your tank will be amazing I am sure.

Steve

OP
OP
Reign1

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the home built cube stand! Our home built efforts have similarities, see my build. Your tank will be amazing I am sure.

Steve
Yes indeed ❤️ your build ..
Today just re staining my tank border as it had some wear from last owner. Sanded and stained today ..
I am planning on removable panels w/ magnets was looking @ ACM material but after staining this wool likely will just go w/ 1/4-1/2” wood ..

Fossilman06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes indeed ❤️ your build ..
Today just re staining my tank border as it had some wear from last owner. Sanded and stained today ..
I am planning on removable panels w/ magnets was looking @ ACM material but after staining this wool likely will just go w/ 1/4-1/2” wood ..
I found these Button-Fix when looking at T-slot for my future stand bulid. Might be an option to hold the panels.
Screenshot_20231202_143506_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Reign1

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these Button-Fix when looking at T-slot for my future stand bulid. Might be an option to hold the panels.
Screenshot_20231202_143506_Chrome.jpg
Where was this @ , Amazon or just looking on the interwebs ?

Fossilman06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw them in a picture of someone's t-slot build onR2R. Then I got to searching for fasteners. I'm mixed between T-slot with removable panels or having a custom stand built. T-slot custom kit that I would have to put together ended up about $1,700 quoted.

OP
OP
Reign1

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks greats so far!
lol no updates lately. I bought a sheet of 1/2 maple plywood last week and stained and varnished it. Sadly it is soo smooth you cannot even see any grain . I would have been better off just painting it black. .. My BRS fittings shipped today so I will likely move the tank in the room this week and can start to plumb :face-with-rolling-eyes:.. I may have to ask your opinion on wood finish to get the skin right.

OP
OP
Reign1

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so just waiting on the last BRS order for some rando pvc pieces ..
Today wired up the GFCI
Had a little issue and the lady was like “ get an electrician over here “ cuz she freaks out so got my buddy to come over we decided to wire the GFCI and pig tail it so it is only one outlet ..
Brought the tank in the room .. installed rhe bulkheads , getting the control board mapped out .. Once the order comes will be able to finish plumbing and leak test the fittings..

IMG_6126.jpeg IMG_6133.jpeg IMG_6135.jpeg

Last edited:

Fossilman06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today wired up the GFCI
Had a little issue and the lady was like “ get an electrician over here “ cuz she freaks out so got my buddy to come over we decided to wire the GFCI and pig tail it so it is only one outlet ..
Brought the tank in the room .. installed rhe bulkheads , getting the control board mapped out .. Once the order comes will be able to finish plumbing and leak test the fittings..

Getting it done. GJ. I'm planning to upgrade my electrical to a two outlet 20amp each. Not looking forward to it but.....

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today wired up the GFCI

Best of luck to getting the controller board finished!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
while putting off the build this summer due to vacations and travel in the mean time I played around w/ rockscape. This is a combo of carib sea (with pins ) and Morroca branch thant I got another screaming deal on from Premium Aquatics.

IMG_5628.jpeg IMG_5640.jpeg IMG_5701.jpeg IMG_5700.jpeg
@danieyella look at this

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back