My 12 gallon jbj nano cube. (stock lighting)

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock lighting (2-24 watt pcs)
I removed most of the bagged filtration stuff and added some filter pad and a biocube protein skimmer. Also added a koralia nano. Unattached(broke) the hood "flap" to let heat loose.

full01.jpg
clownzoas.jpg

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot. It's a fun tank but it's a ton of work. Been trying out some small pieces of chalice to see how they do...had to get into the 'craze'.

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank hope mine looks that good when i am done and yes i got my tank for free but still got like 500 in to it and only got 6 coarl and 3 fish lol but i did up grade to t5s so theres a 100 of it hopeing to buy 2 clowns next week

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful about so many fish in the small tank. It's not going to be able to handle that heavy bioload. If you've already got three fish I would think you're done at that point..shouldn't add two clowns. I'm actually "pushing the limits" with just two clowns in this tank, but I do keep the filters cleaned/changed often, clean skimmer often, and do water changes weekly and I'm careful to not overfeed....oh and I have a mild-refugium attached :)

Good luck.

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probly only going to be one clown and 1 fish is a golbie other 2 are Chromis

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speg sweet tank man. Got to love nanos.

Big bill like Speg said be careful with that many fish. I would either not get a clown and stick with the filefish and chromis or just get the clowns and get rid of the rest. I have a 28 gallon with 3 fish and that is all I will ever do. 2 clowns and an algae blenny. I would not have more then 2 fish in a 12 gallon. 12 gallons will not hold a huge amount of rock and if filled it up with rock the fish would have no place to go. You are going to be very limited on the skimmer you can run also. Plus you have to think with that many fish that is a lot of food you have to feed and a lot of poop that will be made. It will build up quicker then it can be taken out.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back