My 120 LPS dominate build

Tmeyers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as my first reef tank I want to go LPS dominant. Wanna mix a few softies and sps.

Right now the tank has a lot of small rock because it was all moved from my 55. I’m getting ready to break it down to add in larger rocks, and do some upgrade work to the stand and plumping. Working with what I got here to make it a good looking tank lol. It’s already come a long way from being freshwater and heavily planted.

So far I have upgraded the original sump that was in it, to a eshopps 30 gallon sump with a bubble mag skimmer. Running a Refugium with chateo as my choice of macro algae. I’ve tried sea lettuce in the 55 and it made its way to my display and started growing everywhere. What a pain that was to remove lol.

Everything currently in the tank will go into a 55 gallon tank for holding while I finish up with my project on this. I will take photos during the process and post an updated thread of what I have. Mind you I have to budget for this hobby lol, so somethings like power will just be some power stripes with smart plugs till I can get money saved up for other equipment.

I am dealing with stinking green hair algae. But hopefully with starting fresh and curing the rock will help as I restart cycling the tank.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
Tmeyers

Tmeyers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

So I have finished moving into my new place. All my coral, rock and fosh are all in the 55 long hanging out waiting on me to get work completed on the 120.

I have parts on order for plumbing. Will also be making the control panel inside the stand.

Need to get a RO reserve tank for ATO. Will be nice because I will have water access just on the other side of the wall where it will be sitting so I can plumb in my RODI system under the kitchen sink and have a continuous source of fresh RODI water to the reserve tank.

Will update more when things start to take shape.

OP
OP
Tmeyers

Tmeyers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, due to some unforseen circumstances, I had to sell my 120. In the midst of everything I ended up saving a 380 Gallon tank from being destroyed in a home that was being sold. Here in Phoenix we have a local shop called Discount Aquarium. Awesome shop, sells Second hand tanks and equipment, and also noew stuff. They took in the 389 for me and gave me some store credit, that I have used to get a 50 gallon lowboy, stand and 20 gallon long sump. So I am now gonna build myself a lagoon reef. Super excited about it. Gonna start myself a new build thread on this tank.

Attachments

• 20211204_175655.jpg
    20211204_175655.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 29

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back