My 125 Gal Reef SPS LPS dominant

oscargrumete61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and beautiful aquarium also great equipment, could you give me your Kessil light schedule ? color, intensity time. Thanks , nice video in YouTube

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep it simple. My water params are pretty standard to every other successful Reef tank:

PH- 8.4-8.5
Alk- 9 DKH
Cal- 450 PPM
Mag- 1300 PPM
Nitrates- just a little

I dose Kalkwasser in my topoff water mixed at 8 tsp per 5 Gal to maintain my params. I do have a Calcium Reactor that I will eventually install when my coral exceed the amount of Kalkwasser Needed to maintain my params.
I'm fining 8.9 or 9 is the happy place for me and my corals DKH and 8.3 on ph. Do u dose 8.4 buffer or no dosing

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also trying 2 find a holder for my filter socks and see ur egg crait holder. I was going 2 use plexy and have it resesed so no disturbance of flow happens. So is it just crait with water pass by or encased? As I can make that 2nite. Thanks.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please teach me on ur overflow box as I'm building 1 for a 75 and need 2 drill. What size holes and all. Or just use a eshopps overflow grate with bit and all. I want 2 not have a wish I did something else
I'm using my shadow over flow. And is honestly awesome. And allows been or durso or 1 drain if u want. Full kit

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back