My 125 gallon reef tank new setup!

luisgo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
413
Reaction score
759
Location
Puerto Rico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos of my 125 gallon reef tank.

2017-09-02 18.00.26.jpg


2017-09-02 18.02.47.jpg


2017-09-02 18.03.10.jpg


2017-09-02 18.03.46.jpg


2017-09-02 18.04.16.jpg


2017-09-02 18.04.24.jpg


2017-09-01 00.21.54.jpg


2017-08-10 23.45.07.jpg


2017-08-10 23.49.15.jpg


2017-07-09 21.25.56.jpg


2017-07-09 21.36.41.jpg


pecera 12.jpg


2017-01-19 16.56.59.jpg


2017-09-02 18.00.26.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice! Very nice!

How long have you had your tank up and running? And what lights are you using?
 
This tank started in 1990 but it was started again eight months ago. I have three Hydras 26HD and two Reefbrites. Very happy with the new leds!
 
Last edited:
This tank started in 1990 but it was started again eight months ago. I have three Hydras 26HF. Very happy with the new leds!

The 125 is a good, manageable size in my opinion. Just big enough to have fun with and small enough to keep costs down!

Your tank looks good!
 
Running a calcium reactor I see. I'm still using hand dosing and kalkwasser in my ATO. Works, but labor intensive.

Thinking of going dosing unit soon. Is the calcium reactor hard to maintain?
 
The green is a Cup Coral (Pagoda). Yes I use a calcium reactor. What is important is to use a good peristaltic pump to maintain a steady flow in the effluent.

20170106_160116.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new