My 13.5 Evo

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
So after a 2 year hiatus after my last 40 gal nuked and I lost everything I got the bug and the heart back to try again.i bought the tank heater and wave pump used for cheap.100 claims. I had rock leftover from the last tank.
Went and got sand and salt mix and I'm off to the races.
After reading a lot and watching a lot of upgrade videos I upgraded the following:
Sicce 1.0 return pump
In tank chamber 1 media basket
Mag tool ato
Replaced one nozzle with random flow Gen
Added switches underneath to control everything independently
I used an old 10 gallon stand and customized it to what I needed for the tank.
I promised the wife this would be a "simple" tank lol.
Today I added 6 hermit crabs to eat some of the uglies that are popping up.
Next week maybe some turbo snails.
Tank has been up and running for a month now.

16762407133485609937066721568821.jpg 16762407361554575214683466000435.jpg

OP
OP
Zos4me

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank is 3 months old now. I have made a bunch of upgrades.i upgraded the pump with a Sicce .5. I put the I tank basket in Chamber 1 with bonded floss,bioballs and chemiclean blue. I had an algae bloom so I added a uv sterilizer. I also added a ato system.due to still having the hood on it doesn't have an evaporation problem but better safe than sorry.
I have ordered an Ai blade grow light that will be here soon.
I added a Kenya tree last week and is doing great. Yesterday I added an Toadstool leather. Both have great polyp extension.
I know these are basic starter coral but having no experience with a small tank
thought it would be best to start with the basics. I also have never had either of these so it is something new.
I will update when the new light arrives.
20230311_091155.jpg
20230311_091200.jpg

OP
OP
Zos4me

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven't updated in a while.i am a little over the 5 month mark and I have been pretty successful. I have learned from past failures and seem to be gaining.
I have updated stock fluval light to Ai grow and I am very pleased with the growth of all my coral.my Kenya and Toadstool have quadrupled in size .I have a Duncan with 4 heads on it that as soon as I got home and put it in the tank opened up bigger than when they were at the store.
To be honest the only thing that is growing but very slowly is the Gsp. Thought it would have over run the tank but it is happy on the little Rock.
I have been trying to put corals in this tank that I have never kept . The only one I have had before was the Duncan and that added badly so I am elated with the turn out on this one.
Last but not least I went and bought 2 Rose bubble tip Anenomes today. I felt the tank was mature enough. I want them to get bigger and then I will introduce a bonded pair of clowns.
I know Nems can move and not 3 mins after I took the picture I am posting the little one is on the move haha. Hopefully it will end up where I like it.

Attachments

• 20230513_134735.jpg
    20230513_134735.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Zos4me

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started tank on new years day so a little over 5 months ago.i bought 2 that were on 1 rock.i have heard that you can tear the foot if they are forced and didn't want to take that chance so I bought both. I paid 60 each. I didn't think that was too bad.i didn't have to pay 50 to ship like online so I was happy. Only been in the tank 3 hours and both look happy.can really only see one from the front but as they grow I'll be able to see both.

girlsdad_AAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started tank on new years day so a little over 5 months ago.i bought 2 that were on 1 rock.i have heard that you can tear the foot if they are forced and didn't want to take that chance so I bought both. I paid 60 each. I didn't think that was too bad.i didn't have to pay 50 to ship like online so I was happy. Only been in the tank 3 hours and both look happy.can really only see one from the front but as they grow I'll be able to see both.
Ok thanks! I’m thinking about waiting 9 months before I add a CSB but perhaps I can do it sooner

123lac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my light to the new AI Blade Grow .used the 12 in light and it fits perfectly into the stock hood
20230314_182212.jpg
This is very interesting to know, that the AI blade fits inside the hood.

Could you please post a photo of how it looks in the hood?

Thank you!

123lac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a really good fit, perhaps you've found the perfect light upgrade for the Evo 13.5 that doesn't require removing the hood.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back