OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the AI app and try getting the light schedule ready for when your mount comes :)
Yup, I already have!

I am using the Saxby schedule, with a 7 day acclimation going.

Is the acclimation thing necessary? It

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17119968552311269123964599861173.jpg

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I already have!

I am using the Saxby schedule, with a 7 day acclimation going.

Is the acclimation thing necessary? It
Nice!! What power is your schedule at? And with the acclimation, since you already had your other light running before, I don't think you need to unless it's more powerful than before or you are introducing a sensitive fish/coral. It's a nice feature you can do with the AI app.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! What power is your schedule at? And with the acclimation, since you already had your other light running before, I don't think you need to unless it's more powerful than before or you are introducing a sensitive fish/coral. It's a nice feature you can do with the AI app.
I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but the highest is royal blue at 99% for about an hour.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but the highest is royal blue at 99% for about an hour.
Yeah I'm not too sure myself haha, my schedule name has an overall percentage of 61%, but that may be just from the person who made it. I think during peak times mine it more than 61% on a certain color, but only for an hour like you. I don't know haha

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of adding a mangrove to my tank, for  a little  nutrient export, but mostly for aesthetics.

My nitrates have been over 25ppm after doing many WC's, so I would like to add a way to help me keep them down, but yes, I do know that they will not help much

I have no idea how to do it, because I have a lid, so if anyone has any ideas on how to do it in the overflow area or on a HOB type thing, let me know!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, haha I caught myself buying a mangrove.

To get free shipping on AlgaeBarn, you have to spend at least $59, so I got a bottle of Tigs Copepods, a bottle of phytoplankton (and one for free!), and to get me over the free shipping I got a 2 inch media cube. Oh, and obviously the mangrove.

Hopefully these arrive healthy and soon!

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, haha I caught myself buying a mangrove.

To get free shipping on AlgaeBarn, you have to spend at least $59, so I got a bottle of Tigs Copepods, a bottle of phytoplankton (and one for free!), and to get me over the free shipping I got a 2 inch media cube. Oh, and obviously the mangrove.

Hopefully these arrive healthy and soon!
The root system is very very fragile and the life blood.
Calm cool hands. Be gentle. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cleaner shrimp molted again!

At first, I thought it may be a stress molt, since the last molt was just short of three weeks ago, but my shrimp is still young so I guess it is normal to have molts often.

This molt looked alot healthier, and more colorful... maybe because it's in my hands now and not in PetCo's, LOL.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cleaner shrimp molted again!

At first, I thought it may be a stress molt, since the last molt was just short of three weeks ago, but my shrimp is still young so I guess it is normal to have molts often.

This molt looked alot healthier, and more colorful... maybe because it's in my hands now and not it PetCo's LOL.
Nice! My fire shrimp molted this week too! It's been like 3 weeks as well. Early on I heard they can molt between 2-3 weeks! I also had one of my hermits molt recently, I got worried and thought it died or was just out of a shell for some reason... nope! Just molted haha. Forgot they molted tbh.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! My fire shrimp molted this week too! It's been like 3 weeks as well. Early on I heard they can molt between 2-3 weeks! I also had one of my hermits molt recently, I got worried and thought it died or was just out of a shell for some reason... nope! Just molted haha. Forgot they molted tbh.
Haha, when my hermits molted, I thought they died too because I forgot they molted, lol!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back