OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not related to the 150, but I don't have a thread for the nano so I am going to share here.

This evening when I went to feed the nano I noticed that the tomato clown was. He's the sole occupant so it was obvious that he wasn't in there. I was so sad as I realized that he must have died. He was doing so well in his own little world. I looked all over for him and since there are no crabs in there I figured he must be decaying under the rock. I moved everything on the shelf above the cube so that I could remove that shelf from the bookcase and open the lid all the way up and search under the rock for his carcass. I then decided that even though I didn't think it was possible for him to have jumped over into the rear compartment to stick my head into the bookcase and look. There he was, swimming in the center compartment. I couldn't think of a way to get him out short of draining the tank so I decided to finish something I was doing for my daughter and then post on here for ideas.

Chore done I decided to ask for advice when I had a thought....my brine shrimp net. Turns out a brine shrimp net is the perfect size for fishing a clown fish out of the rear compartment of a JBJ 12G nano! Yay. He is swimming all over the tank now, probably thinking to himself "Wow, this place is huge. I hope she doesn't throw me back into the closet."

BayouBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...glad the little guy made it! Now that I see the pictures from this build...I honestly wouldnt mind coming to your house to pick up the reeftopia order..lol. That 150 upgrade is a thing of beauty! Excellent Job!

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...glad the little guy made it! Now that I see the pictures from this build...I honestly wouldnt mind coming to your house to pick up the reeftopia order..lol. That 150 upgrade is a thing of beauty! Excellent Job!

Thanks! You are welcome to pick your order up here. Or you could just come to the December meet since I think we will be hosting again unless someone else just wants to have a turn at hosting.

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pretty good pic of my yellow bellied Hippo today so decided to share it here.

Dori 01.15.2014.jpg

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang is at least four inches long with his tail. The chromis was actually close to the camera but he is about three inches.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tang photo! i still haven't gotten the fish picture thing down....maybe it would help if i'd use something other than a smartphone ;)

BayouBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photo Trish! I just picked up my first DSLR and can't wait to get into photography! Any idea if there might be another photo class get together thingy any time soon?

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That day ended up being more of a social thing. I would need more of a true beginner lesson, lol. I took a class last year but then my camera ended up back in the bag and put away so I have forgotten most of what I learned. :(

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was not intended to be a real class that day. However, if there is enough interest, I suppose that we can ask someone to give us a primer on reef photography. Each attendant must know how to operate his/her digital camera, though.

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
04/06/14
IMG_2257.jpg

cabbage that started out at about 4"
IMG_2258.jpg

Hammer that the clowns host. Started as a single head the size of a dime.
IMG_2259.jpg

encrusting gorgonian
IMG_2260.jpg

Frogspawn
IMG_2261.jpg

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbred zoas
IMG_2263.jpg

blue tort??
IMG_2264.jpg

raspberry milli (don't be hating, Sean)
IMG_2265.jpg

Duncans 1
IMG_2266.jpg

Duncans 2 & 3
IMG_2267.jpg

Rothgar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mili is doing great! I'll have to get a frag once my tank is up!

OP
OP
TrishW

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I don't dose calcium. I don't have a lot of SPS yet.

For a couple of weeks I used lime water but then I got lazy, mostly because I was tired of having to scrape the coralline off the front glass. I got a 2 little fishies kalk stirrer for Christmas but I haven't hooked it up yet. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back