My 15g Nano

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new tiny six line wrasse yesterday. He is only about an inch long. Im feeding him brine shrimp but was wondering if there is anything else i should feed him. I know these get a little big for a 15g tank but i plan on upgrading to a large reef tank within a few months.
Mine is a pig and constantly cruising the rock work picking at pods. That being said, it eats everything I put in the tank. I’m a big believer of variety to meet the nutritional needs. LRS reef frenzy, mysis, roe, brine, flake, Reef Jerky and TDO ChromaBoost ( small).

OP
OP
MaxP

MaxP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a pig and constantly cruising the rock work picking at pods. That being said, it eats everything I put in the tank. I’m a big believer of variety to meet the nutritional needs. LRS reef frenzy, mysis, roe, brine, flake, Reef Jerky and TDO ChromaBoost ( small).
Ok that’s what I found when i was researching stuff about them. I have brine, mysis, and flake food. Wasn’t sure if I had to feed him anything special since he’s so small. Thank you

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that’s what I found when i was researching stuff about them. I have brine, mysis, and flake food. Wasn’t sure if I had to feed him anything special since he’s so small. Thank you
I think you are good, not absolutely necessary but I would highly recommend TDO ChromaBoost pellets in addition to what you are feeding. I use small which should be good for a one inch fish but they have even smaller ( I think for fry). Looking at their mouths they look so small but I’m amazed at the size of food mine eats. If you haven’t already it’s a good time to start seeding pods and feeding them phytoplankton.

OP
OP
MaxP

MaxP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are good, not absolutely necessary but I would highly recommend TDO ChromaBoost pellets in addition to what you are feeding. I use small which should be good for a one inch fish but they have even smaller ( I think for fry). Looking at their mouths they look so small but I’m amazed at the size of food mine eats. If you haven’t already it’s a good time to start seeding pods and feeding them phytoplankton.
I have seeded pods but haven’t dosed phyto in a long time so I’m not sure if there’s still a lot of them. I see my wrasse hunting around my rocks all day though so there must be some snacks still down there for him!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seeded pods but haven’t dosed phyto in a long time so I’m not sure if there’s still a lot of them. I see my wrasse hunting around my rocks all day though so there must be some snacks still down there for him!
Not sure it absolutely necessary but I think pods are not just good food but beneficial to the whole tank. We’ve got some excellent sponsors on here. Typically I’ll order pods and phyto, dose phyto twice a week. When it is out just order phyto and when that is done start the phyto pod combo again and repeat. You do what is best for you and again it’s not absolutely necessary. I had a reef tank for 16 years and never dosed anything. I know I still had pods, especially amphipods since I could see them, from all my live rock.

OP
OP
MaxP

MaxP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, My wrasse is doing well looking more colorful and i’ve been slowly making my water a little more “dirty” because my skimmer was taking all my nutrients out. On another note, I picked up a used 50g reef ready aquarium for $100 yesterday. I’m super excited to get it all set up but i’m going to wait a couple weeks to make sure there’s no leaks.

Attachments

• 78E106FC-56F6-4570-AC73-575727C39393.jpeg
    78E106FC-56F6-4570-AC73-575727C39393.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 19

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back