OP
OP
Mr.Asbury

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a cardboard draft of the sump tonight, will put the glass baffles in tomorrow.
Dh8WMTZXUAA7k5T.jpg

OP
OP
Mr.Asbury

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RODI System all set up, I'm lucky that a maintenance guy at my school has a master plumber card - we had to do some work to get this thing hooked to my school's sinks. The people who installed the sinks soldered the adapters for our high pressure spigots onto the sink, so we had to tap into the water line under the sink prior to the sink hookup. This isn't the final location of the fancy water holding trash can, but I moved it here temporarily to show where everything is.
IMG_1323.JPG

Last edited:

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with Red sea or Salifert on the test kits, much better. You could also look at the Hanna test kits if the school kids are going to be helping, you have to mix chemicals together to get results.

OP
OP
Mr.Asbury

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
972cd80e4fb909a87c69fc836d0f6cd1.jpg

Leak tested the 40g breeder sump today, and luckily found no leaks!

Edit: I didn't notice that you can see the water on the table in that picture until now. That's not from the tank, thats from my wife being a smart alec and spraying me with the water hose we were using to fill the tank ;Drowning

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Asbury

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the stand and canopy today, and the tank has been ordered. The stand was 1/4 inch too long for the tailgate on my truck to close, so it was a nerve-wracking hour drive home with the tailgate down and a few straps holding the stand in.

Once I got it to school, there was another close fit. When the elevator door shut, there wasn't even enough room between the door and the stand for my fingers to fit in the gap. I'm glad it fit because we brought it in the basement doors and my room's on the third floor.
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG

OP
OP
Mr.Asbury

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now there is our tax dollars being well spent!;) If I had this in class I would have paid better attention;Wideyed

Haha I'm glad you approve! Thankfully, however, I wrote a grant to get the funds, so none of the school's money is going into the setup of the tank!

OP
OP
Mr.Asbury

Mr.Asbury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered all the rest of my supplies yesterday, and they should be arriving tomorrow. The tank should be in and ready to be picked up tonight, and I have ~80 gallons of water ready to go in it. All of my students show up tomorrow, so hopefully I can get the rock work set up tonight so they can at least see that in the water-less tank, rather than just a stand without a tank like I currently have set up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back