My 2 month old 180!

jacobSD

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
71
Reaction score
52
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first attempt at using rods to aquascape my tank. I like the outcome but I'm not completely satisfied as of yet. I currently have 4 tester SPS, blue jaw trigger pair, desjardini tang and 4 green chromis. For lighting and equipment I have a 3 hydra 26, 2 36" T5s (upgrading to a 72" fixture and hanging it when I find the right one), maxspect gyre 150, cheap skimmer that came with tank (will be replacing soon), and waveline DC pump.

This is my second tank but my first with SPS. My 80 gallon lps/softies is coming up on a year old and is doing very well. I've browsed on here for awhile and figured I'd post my tank.

IMG_1346.JPG
 
What type of rods did you use? Looking into something similar for my build.

Looking good! Is that a blue throat I see?
 
I used the fiber glass rods from Home Depot. From what I read they use epoxy to bind the fiberglass fibers. Reef safe as far as I know! Thank you chomoney.
 
Looking good!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new