My 240 Cube

I picked up two new corals last week. I got a very large hammer around the size of a volleyball and a large purple acro.

Here are some pictures.

Image00007-1.jpg


Image00004-4.jpg


Here is a new full tank shot as well.

Image00003-7.jpg
 
Last edited:
very cool build and love the tank!!
 
Nice job Tom! I see you've already started sharing that purple acro... Very nice looking tank! Looks like you've got some really nice pieces in there.
 
very cool build and love the tank!!

Thanks

Nice job Tom! I see you've already started sharing that purple acro... Very nice looking tank! Looks like you've got some really nice pieces in there.

Thanks Dave,

A couple pieces broke off while moving it. The coral has a touch of STN and I am not sure why. I am going to try a coral RX dip and see if that helps
 
Well the tank has hit the 1 year mark. Here are some pictures.

Image00001-11.jpg


Image00004-5.jpg


Image00002-10.jpg


Image00003-8.jpg
 
Last edited:
So in the end do you think it was worth it that you set everything up? I love the coral placment andhow its devided.
 
Yes, I am completely happy that I set the tank up. I had 3 saltwater tanks setup on separate systems and when I got this tank I moved everything into the new system. There are challenges with big systems but I find this system to be less work than the my three previous systems combined.


Thanks for the comments. Things are finally starting to really take off.
 
Look cool!! I like the dims
 
Well I finally broke down and bought a controller. I bought and apex with two extra EB8's. So far I am really happy with it. It was fairly easy to get up and running.

2011-03-13_00001.jpg


I also took a picture of my rbta with my cinnamon clown fish. They are a young pair that are in one of my 30 gallon tanks. I like the photo because they looking at me like don't even think about coming close to my anemone.

Image00001-15.jpg
 
Here are the some latest pictures of the tank. I have not done to much to it. Most of my time has been spent raising clown fish lately. I added a couple of corals otherwise I am just letting everything grow.

20110812_00002.jpg


20110812_00003.jpg


20110812_00004.jpg


20110812_00001.jpg
 
Here's a couple of new ones. I did change the reflector on the tank. I switched from a lumenbright reflector to a large lumenmax reflector with DIY LED supplementation on the reflector. The light spread looks to be much more even with the new reflector. The LED's at a touch more actinic to the tank which I really like. I plan to tweek it a little more but so far I am happy with the results

20111023_00003.jpg

Left side

20111023_00002.jpg

Front


20111023_00001.jpg

Right Side
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new