My 24g Aquapod after re-aquascaping

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I took out everything out to reaquascape the tank. I moved cheato into back chamber because I don't need it growing any bigger than it has. Was going to frag my xenia but I'll just to wait for it to split on its own. I moved all the rocks into a giant cave/tower in the middle so that I can reach the sides with my mag floater to wipe algae away. My mom's biggest concern with the aquarium is algae on glass, so that's why I moved the rock towards the middle. Here are pics. Comments welcome.
137.jpg

138.jpg

136.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a better clean up crew... that way algae won't be such a problem for you.. but looks like a good base can't wait to see it filled

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I like it too. As soon as my 125g sells I'll be able to afford a clean up crew. Can't wait till I get one. I was a little concerned how it would turn out but I'm realy happy how it turned out. I'll probably keep it this way. I think it's going to look awesome once it's full of corals.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals come after 125g gets sold, which hopefully will be soon but I've been saying soon for over 6 months now. CC comes first, I think I'm going to order one this weekend as well as maybe 1 fish. Thanks for the compliments everyone, I've had surprisingly good success with my aquascaping which usually consists of randomly putting rocks down in cloudy water with only an idea in mind.
Going to look on liveaquaria.com for a CC and possibly one fish. Thinking of a jawfish because now I have plenty of sand for it since I moved all the rock in the middle.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating it, I think I'd need to add another 20lbs of sand, just to make sure it's comfortable. But the pearly jawfish is the one I'm looking at. Just don't know. Wish lemonpeel angels' had a better record with corals.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefcleaners.org you'll spend a fraction of the cash you would at liveaquaria my friend trust me i just priced everything reefcleaners has 10 cent snails to liveaquaria's 2 dollar snails

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a sugestion, if you dont want your cheato to get any bigger cut it in half and do something with half of it and get some light on it, if its not getting light and growing its not doing its job. it is supposed to help export phos and nitrates and that makes it grow if it is not going to be getting enough light to grow i would get rid of all of it because it will just die.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a sugestion, if you dont want your cheato to get any bigger cut it in half and do something with half of it and get some light on it, if its not getting light and growing its not doing its job. it is supposed to help export phos and nitrates and that makes it grow if it is not going to be getting enough light to grow i would get rid of all of it because it will just die.

Ok I'll move it back to the DT, I'll probably take like two rocks off the top (one of which is a little above the water level) and use those to hold the cheato in a corner instead of having it just float around the tank.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an order off of reefcleaners.org guessing I'll be getting it monday or tuesday. Also I'm going to a lfs today to pick up water and maybe a pair of black and white occlarious clownfish or some kind of fish.

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason you can't or don't wont to clean your tank ???
Even with a good cleaning crew you have to do some maintenance :)

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason you can't or don't wont to clean your tank ???
Even with a good cleaning crew you have to do some maintenance :)

Yeah I know. Reason it looks bad in the front is because I just got back from Texas on a 2 day vacation. But usually I clean that very often, especially with a clean freak mom. I re-aquascaped so I can reach the sides with my mag float. I know the clean up crew won't get rid of the problem with algae on glass, but it will help. I got a clean up crew mainly because I'm battling cyano and some random weird looking algeas on my rock (aren't a harmful algae just weird looking). Also the clean up crew will help remove left over food which will help.

Here's what I ordered off of reefcleaners.com:
Qty Name SKU Price Total
10 Assorted Hermits 23643 $0.59 $5.90
10 Florida Cerith 47745 $0.55 $5.50
10 Zig Zag Periwinkles 44444 $0.15 $1.50
10 Dwarf Cerith 10011 $0.20 $2.00

I went to a lfs today in hopes to get a fish or two but all of the ones I was interested in were in a tank with a dead fish or just didn't look 110%. So I'm ordering two black and white occlarious clownfish from saltwaterfish.com.
I could have ordered a clean up crew and fish off of liveaquaria.com but saltwaterfish.com's clownfish are cheaper, I planed on getting a fish at a lfs, and the clean up crew is a lot cheaper at reefcleaners.com.
Anyways pics will be up tonight of my tank all clean and settled and in a couple days when I get the packages.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't order any fish online but I think I'm going to a different lfs tomorrow evening and picking up a pair of black and white occ. clownfish for 80$ which is not bad considering they are around 45$ a piece here. Scrubbed the glass good and I'm going to replace the corals that fell.

OP
OP
Sooner Reefer

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my new pair of ORA Black and White Occ. Clownfish today! They have been acclimated and are in the tank doing great. They seem to have acclimated well, are sticking together, and are exploring the front of the tank. Love these guys! Going to give them mysis tomorrow morning because well I don't know of a fish that doesn't like mysis.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need some PICS!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back