OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually easier in some ways with more kids, than it was when we just had 4. Once the older kids are helping it shifts the burdens. I have to come up with intelligent responses to my older children's questions, but I don't usually have to change diapers, take out the trash, or buckle my small children into their car seats.

Mpek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.... that's amazing! I only have a 2 yo and I do everything. Haven't watched a movie all the way through since he was born.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put on a movie in one room for the kids and watch a movie with my wife in another room

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or sometimes put in a movie to occupy children while I get something else done. Not too often though. And it doesn't always work :)

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody recognize this?

Attachments

• 20240610_105402.jpg
    20240610_105402.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240610_105329.jpg
    20240610_105329.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 31

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunately it looks like a young Aiptasia in those pictures. Not fully convinced but fairly convinced.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I've read says that's a bad idea. Maybe I should order a majano wand

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can try, yes. Aiptasia can spread seeds if they feel threatened or if you leave a piece behind they can regrow.

Several people on here (myself included) have used a small syringe with boiling water and spray it directly into their mouths. It kills them AND the babies. I'm not sure how spraying boiling water at cool aquarium glass will do though. I don't know if it would potentially cause a crack?

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.....I bit the bullet and ordered a Klein butterfly fish from Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy. I guess we'll see how it goes. This is my first online fish purchase

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Might I make a suggestion based on the post in Paul's thread?

Next Supporter Member Giveaway, enter and you might win a SHU Acclimation box. They're great and would have been a great way for you to make an introduction with potentially less stress?

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might I make a suggestion based on the post in Paul's thread?

Next Supporter Member Giveaway, enter and you might win a SHU Acclimation box. They're great and would have been a great way for you to make an introduction with potentially less stress?

Thanks for the suggestion

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Klein butterfly is doing well. he eats heartily when I feed the tank. He is hanging out in one end of the tank, while the Sebae clowns are hanging out in the other end. Once in a while the clowns go down and bother the Klein. He just turns his dorsal spines to them and sticks them out. However if he can't roam through the tank, he'll have trouble eating aiptasia. We're not all that attached to the Sebae clowns and could return them to the LFS (once caught) .What do you all think? Should I just try to trap the Clowns? What methods have you used for removing fish. The Tankmatez or Nylos floating traps have good reviews. Any suggestions? Thanks

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use a Gatorade bottle DIY trap. Cut the top off below the taper, flip that upside down, and stick it inside. After that, fill it with water, put it in the tank, and squirt their favorite food (and maybe some garlic if you have it) in the trap so that some of it comes out the front to form that little trail for them to follow in. Sometimes it's best to put the trap in the tank and let it sit for a day or two for the fish to get used to it, then squirt the food in.walk away from the tank so the fish are more comfortable but either keep watch from across the room or check frequently.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Otherwise, after lights out, shine a flashlight in the tank on the clownfish and scoop them with a net while they're temporarily blinded/shocked if they sleep in an easy location to catch them.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of bought this on impulse. Initially I couldn't get it to stick to the glass. I discovered a small hole in the center of the suction cup and filled it with Goop. Seems to be working now. We'll see how it goes

Attachments

• 20240621_173438.jpg
    20240621_173438.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trap hasn't worked so far. When I swirl the food the butterfly fish and the hawkfish try to get at it. The hawkish bumps off the bottom, and the butterfly fish tries to go there but is pushed back by the clowns. The clowns are leery of the trap and won't enter. Last night my two oldest boys managed to back one clown into a corner and it is in the sump.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fed tax refund came. Putting together a list of purchases. I want to add stuff to my aquarium, my wife wants a new sofa. Actually, we both want those things, our priorities are just a little different. Looking at Phlizon or Noopsyche lights.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back