My 340 Gallon Miracles Tank Upgrade

This is going to seem like a dumb question, but I don't know so I will ask. I know very little about chalice's, I am guessing that you keep them in your frag tank or on the bottom of your DT. What will you do with the frag plugs that your chalices are mounted on when the chalices cover the plug, mount the plug to a piece of live rock and let it grow onto the LR or mount the plug onto a larger plug? You have done a great job with your new tank.
 
Tank is looking GREAT!
Looking forward to a review of the Apex. I'm hoping Santa puts one under my Christmas tree.

I love the comment about your tank being overstocked on Youtube...:snicker:
 
Nice pieces. You're a true connoisseur to wear gloves and all to protect your precious ones there. :)
 
Well my tank has been up and running for 6 months and i have to say that it is nicer then i could ever imagine.. Lots of friends helped me put in time and effort and without you guys this would not be a reality for me.. i want to thank you all... On another note. I was just in shock when i finally took some time to count how many fish i have in the tank...You won't believe me if i told you, but the answer is 38 not including 4 garden eels... thats right, 38... and they all get along except 1 of my hippos chase the other occasionally..
Here is a run down of the fish in my tank..

2 true Perculas
1 False Percula
5 Barlett Anthias
3 Barbonius Anthias
1 Sunburst Anthias
1 Huchtii Anthias
1 Black Tang
1 Tamini Tang
2 Hippo Tang
1 Powder Blue Tang
3 Algae Blennies
1 Rabbit fish
1 Flame Hawk Fish
2 Longspine Cardinal Fish
2 Purple Banded Goby
1 Blue Spotted Goby
2 Leopard Wrasse
2 Radiant Wrasse
1 Peppermint Hog Wrasse
1 Labouti Wrasse
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Clown Wrasse
1 Yellow Fin Fairy Wrasse
1 Red Velvet Wrasse
1 Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse
4 Garden Eels

I cant believe over time i aded so many fish.. but there all doing well and getting along lovely..
 
Hey is this tank over a basement??? in one of the pics it looks like its taken in the basement.. If it is please tell me what you had to do to support that much weight
 
Hey is this tank over a basement??? in one of the pics it looks like its taken in the basement.. If it is please tell me what you had to do to support that much weight
i had to put 4 floor joist on each exsisting floor joist(2 on each side) There is 25 floor joist in a 5' area under tank
 
Hey i'm going to pm you for some more info i live in a split foyer house so my whole main level is on top of the basement.. I have a 65g but i want to step up to a 200g .. I get mixed answers on putting a bigger tank in my house

Paul
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new